They were making snow out at the top of Birch Hill this morning and it was beautiful to watch it fly up into the air and fall back to the ground again in the orange glow of the lights along the slope.
Distance: About 5mi (the Garmin had some trouble locating satellites due to falling snow)
- Wool knit cap
- Fleece neck gaiter
- Base layer (poly tank)
- Mid layer (capilene mid-weight zip)
- Top layer, polarttec fleece
- Leggings, mid-weight (capilene)
- Pants, Polartec (Arcteryx)
- Socks poly cushion heavy-weight hikers
- Shoes Saucony ProGrid Xodus
- Mid-weight mitten shells (Outdoor Research)
- Head Lamp (Petzl Tikka XP2)
This was a short comfortable run up the ridge to the top of Birch Hill and back. There was a only a little sliver of moonlight so I had a head lamp with me. There were a handful of other runners out this morning and it was very motivating to know I wasn’t the only one out there.
This was a great combination of clothing for the temps. Wouldn’t change a thing.